Plan for Total College Costs; Enter to Win
Use the free College Funding Forecaster online tool now through April 30 and enter for a chance at one of 10 $1,000 awards.
The College Funding Forecaster helps you get a clearer picture of the total costs, aid and shortfalls over four years using freshman year financial aid award information, as well as family contributions and outside scholarships and grants.
How to Use the College Funding Forecaster
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Gather up your financial aid award information from the college(s) and any information about scholarships received from schools or outside organizations.
- Go to IowaStudentLoan.org/Forecaster.
- Enter in the college’s financial information as well as information about your family’s earnings and savings and any outside awards.
- Review year-by-year estimates and make adjustments for your own situation. For example, living off campus after sophomore year may cost less than living on campus. Or you may be expecting to earn more after the first year of college.
- Review the results, as well as the informational tips on how to address funding shortfalls.
- Enter your information at the end of the tool to be included in the drawings.
Awards for College
Iowa high school seniors and their parents and guardians can enter the giveaway for a chance at one of 10 $1,000 awards paid to the college on behalf of the winning students.