Understanding Starting Salaries
Do you know how much college graduates can expect to make in their first job? Iowa Student Loan offers this information, along with other related career information, for college graduates with common majors in its ROCI Tool.
This unique tool shows students how to estimate a realistic return on college investment, or ROCI. After choosing a college major, users see:
- Top jobs held by college graduates with a degree in that major.
- Links to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook description for each job.
- Whether those jobs are considered to be on the career track for, or closely related to, that major.
- The probability of a graduate with that major obtaining each job.
- The average starting salary, which is equivalent to the maximum recommended total borrowing level.
- Anticipated new jobs needed by 2024.
- Proportion of graduates with that major holding that job.
Use the ROCI Tool to compare jobs, starting salaries and possible career choices.