Get a Clearer Picture of Total College Costs
Are you wondering if the financial aid award letters from colleges show the complete picture? It may be a fuzzy or incomplete snapshot when you’re looking for a clear portrayal of a complicated subject.
Iowa Student Loan is ready to help you get a clearer picture of the total costs, aid and shortfalls over four years in one-on-one sessions at open houses across the state in March and April. Each student who attends a College Financial Aid Award Letter Night will be entered into a drawing for a $100 door prize at each event.
Bring your financial aid award information, and our experts will help you experience the College Funding Forecaster, a free online tool that allows you to better understand how expected costs and aid will add up over four undergraduate years.
How to Participate
Participating is easy. Here’s how:
- Gather up your financial aid award information from the college(s) and any information about scholarships received from schools or outside organizations.
- Arrive between the start and end times at an event in your area. To see dates, times and locations of all events, visit IowaStudentLoan.org/AwardLetter.
- An Iowa Student Loan representative will provide one-on-one assistance as you complete the College Funding Forecaster.
- Ask your questions about paying for college, financial aid and student loans.
- See if your name is drawn for the $100 door prize.
- Leave with a better picture of total college costs, financial aid and potential student loan debt.
Note: All personal and financial information will remain private and will not be retained. You will not be asked to purchase or commit to anything.
To learn more or if you have questions, contact us.